Evacuation signs from us at Safeguard ensure that everything goes smoothly and that everyone finds a way out from the fire.
It is very easy to get stressed in an emergency, lose orientation, and panic. Clear evacuation signs reduce the risk of people being confused and panicked.
In case of fire or the event of an accident, it is important to put everyone in the room quickly in safety. Emergency exits and fire extinguishers should be clearly visible, and the time it takes to find an emergency exit can be vital. Ensure you have the right signs and a clear guide with markings to the emergency exit if the accident occurs.
The legislation on fire protection differs from activity to activity. We at Safeguard help you find a solution that provides optimal security.
Evacuation signs that are visible in the dark
There are clear evacuation signs in warning colors that glow in the darkness to facilitate the intervention time. There is a patented technology that enables signs to be visible in the dark in the event of a power failure. The signs illuminate in their ordinary warning color to be easy to recognize in the dark.
The evacuation signs are made of aluminum to have long durability and also have a long light effect. They are uploaded by a lamp shining on them and by daylight. There are many different types of signs that call for, among other things, emergency exit, warning sign, evacuation, and fire tool sign.
A well-signposted facility saves time and increases the chance that everyone will come out undamaged.
The Swedish Work Environment Authority’s regulation AFS 2008: 13, which determines the type of requirements that apply to your business. With some supplements that began to apply on November 19, 2018, AFS 2018: 6. There are requirements for fire equipment, escape routes, first aid equipment, and all possible risks must be noted. It also says how the evacuation signs should look and be designed. We at Safeguard are happy to come to you and help you find a solution that suits your company and safety requirements.
Different types of evacuation signs
All evacuation signs can be obtained in different materials and designs and adapted for indoor and outdoor environments.
Plastic signs are a relatively inexpensive material and also easy to assemble. They are nice and fit in most environments.
Aluminum signs are very durable and have a long life. They can withstand prolonged exposure to the sun, weather, and wind. They look better compared to plastic signs that are bleached by the sun.
Decals are good if you need to have signs on glass surfaces and doors. They sit well and are durable for many years.
Illuminating signs fit in rooms with a little daylight inlet, such as basements or other areas that become dark in the event of a power failure.
Markings for evacuation
- Handle marking – It is easier to find and open a door with markings
- Floor markings – A well-marked doorpost is clearly visible even when it is a smoke-filled roof
- Staircase marking – Facilitates walking on the stairs when visibility is poor
- Stairway markings – facilitates escape on stairs and prevents accidents.
Call us 08-558 038 11
or let us contact you for
a free advice
Prevent fire in the room
- Never leave the stove on without supervision
- Do not have materials that can burn near a stove
- Do you smoke inside? Soak the ash before throwing it in the soup bag
- Never cover over elements or other heating
- Lamps can be very hot, be sure not to have anything flammable nearby
- Replace broken cords that can short circuit
- Replace old flashing light tubes
- Make sure that lit candles stand firm and not near anything flammable
- Last but not least, turn off the lights when you leave the room
Did you know that?
Every year, rescue services in Sweden pull out about 10,000 fires in buildings. 60% of the efforts against building fires occur against housing, 20% against public buildings, and the rest against industries and other buildings.